The final outcome will be a properly cited five page research paper, using five sources including a periodical, book, and internet resource. The students will present their final report to the class.
Library Media Center Materials
Introduction (10-15 min.) (methods, media, materials)
1. Students will be introduced to sample projects
previous students’ projects.
2. Students will be advised on
what is expected of them for the Sample
3. The LMS will instruct students
on how to use the library resources.
4. The Technology Teacher will Sample reports done in
explain the technology (report completed Microsoft WORD
in Microsoft WORD).
5. Students will work independently.
6. Sample citations will be handed out for each group.
7. Students will begin the information search
process, using computers, books and reference Internet, Periodicals,
materials. Professional Journals
8. LMS will model how to use the resources,
9. Once students know what subject they
interested in, they will use the library daily and finish
the project with minimal help from the LMS.
10. The LMS with the Technology
Teacher will recap the lesson and 5 minute discussion
what is expected from each student.
11. The technology teacher will schedule
lab time for each group to type their 40-minute blocks
12. The LMS will instruct and suggest
that students visit the library daily As often as needed.
to complete the project.